The scientific-historical conference organized by the ECAC in Slovakia under the theme of Jozef Miloslav Hurban – benefit for the Church and the Nation, was held at the Zichy Palace in Bratislava, on 10th November 2016.
The Conference was prepared by the General Bishop´s Office of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Slovakia in the occasion of upcoming 200th anniversary of the birth of Jozef Miloslav Hurban, which will be commemorated in March 2017. Jozef Miloslav Hurban (1817-1888) was evangelical pastor and superintendent, writer and philosopher. He was an important organizer of the Slovak national movement and cultural life in the 19th century. He laid the groundwork for modern civilization in Slovakia and supported the interests of the people in their culture, language and place within Slavic cultures.
At the beginning of the Conference the General Bishop Miloš Klátik welcomed all guests and participants and mainly all lecturers. The first lecture on the theme Jozef Miloslav Hurban as a theologian and philosopher had the General Bishop doc. PhDr. Miloš Klátik, PhD..
Other lectures which sounded during the conference:
- Mgr. Radoslav Hanus, PhD.: J. M. Hurban as a defender and founder of the Evangelical Orthodox Theology on the area of Slovakia in 19th century
- prof. PhDr. Dalimír Hajko, DrSc.: Joy from the life in J. M. Hurban writings
- doc. ThDr. Peter Gažík: Relation between J. M. Hurban and J. G. Fichte
- Mgr. Eva Bachletová, PhD.: Activity of J. M. Hurban in Slovenské pohľady (literary magazine)
- PhDr. Jozef Karlík: For Truth and for the Nation - J. M. Hurban´s motto
- Mgr. Michaela Kerešová from the State Archive in Bytča - she brought an interesting information and photos relating to Hurban sister Terézia. She lived with her family in village Súľov and Hurban visited them very often.
On the end spoke grand-granddaughter of the J. M. Hurban MUDr. Viera Žarnovická. The director of the GBO informed about the celebrations, which are preparing to the 200th anniversary of the birth J. M. Hurban, on 19th March 2017.
Edita Škodová, secretary for media and communication, firstname.lastname@example.org | 16.11.2016
EVANJELICKA CIRKEV AUGSBURSKEHO VYZNANIA NA SLOVENSKU Ã
Grafické spracovanie:Ladislav Menyhart